In a bid to improve last-mile connectivity, the Indian Railways will launch 10 'Sewa Service' trains today. Railways Minister Piyush Goyal flagged off the Delhi-Shamli daily passenger train from the New Delhi railway station today. Speaking at the flagging off ceremony along with Union Ministers Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Dharmendra Pradhan and Minister of State for Railways Suresh C. Angadi, Goyal said as quoted by IANS: "Indian Railways is taking transformational steps today. I would like to thank Prime Minister Narendra Modi that he gave a vision to the railways, and provided funds for the progress of the railway through the budget."
Of these, daily trains will be introduced between Delhi and Shamli, Bhubaneswar and Nayagarh town, Murkongselek and Dibrugarh, Kota and Jhalawar city and Coimbatore and Palani. The other "Sewa Service" trains will run from Vadnagar to Mahesana, Asarya to Himmatnagar, Karur to Salem, Yesvantpur to Tumkur and Coimbatore to Pollachi. These will run six days a week.
Here is all you need to know about the 10 'Sewa service' trains:
1. Vadnagar to Mahesana DEMU train will be operational 6 days a week, and it will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
2. Asarva (Ahmedabad) to Himmatnagar DEMU will run 6 days a week, and it will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
3. Karur to Salem DEMU will run 6 days a week,except for Sundays. The train will have commercial stoppage at Vangal, Mohanur, Namakkal, Kalangani, Puduchatram, Rasipuram and Mallur.
4. Murkongselek to Dibrugarh passenger train will be operational on all days, and it will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
5. Yesvantpur to Tumkur DEMU will run on all days, except Sundays. It will have commercial stoppages at all stations enroute.
6. Delhi to Shamli daily passenger train will have commercial stoppages at Delhi Shahdara, Noli, Khekra, Baghpat Road, Baraut, Qasimpur Kheri & Kandhla.
7. Bhubaneswar to Nayagarh Town Express will have stoppages at Bhubaneswar, Khurda Road Jn, Khurda Town, Begunia, Rajsunakhala, Bolagarh Road & Nayagarh Town.
8. Kota to Jhalawar City Passenger train will have halts at Dakaniya Talav, Dadhdevi, Alniya, Ravtha Road, Dara, Kanwalpura, Morak, Ramganj Mandi Jn and Julmi.
9. Palani to Coimbatore Passenger train will havehalts at Pushpattur, Madattukulam, Udumalaipetti, Gomangalam, Pollachi Jn, Kinattukkadavu and Podanur.
10. Coimbatore to Pollachi Passenger train will run daily except for Sundays. It will have stoppages at Podanur and Kinattukkadavu.
Tamil Nadu will be the biggest beneficiary in the first set of launches. Of the 10 trains to be flagged off, three are in Tamil Nadu and under the Southern Railway's jurisdiction.