2 min read.Updated: 18 Nov 2019, 01:47 PM IST Edited By Sangeeta Ojha
According to Railways, the revise in charges may lead to a hike in train fares by 3 to 9%
The revised charges shall be effective from 29th March 2020
Be ready to spend more on your tickets, the next time you travel by train. The railway board has decided to increase the price of meals onboard Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto express trains. According to Railways, the revise in charges may lead to a hike in train fares by 3 to 9%. In Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto trains, catering charges are included in the fare and it is totally on the discretion of the passenger whether he/she wants to opt-in for the meals. The revised charges shall be effective from March 29 next year. "The impact on the total ticket fares of the pre-paid trains will be an increase in the range of 3 per cent to 9 per cent for passengers who opt for meals. The revised catering tariff shall be effective from March 29, 2020 ," a statement from the ministry said.
Here is all you need to know about the new order regarding hiked food prices in Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto trains
1) In first class AC and executive class of Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto trains, tea will cost ₹35 ( ₹15 at present), breakfast ₹140 (up from ₹90) and lunch and dinner ₹245 (from ₹140 currently).
2) For travellers in second class AC, third class AC and chair car, morning tea will now be priced at ₹20 (up from ₹10), breakfast at ₹105 (from ₹70), lunch and dinner at ₹185 (from ₹120), and evening tea at ₹90 (from ₹45).
3) In sleeper class of Duronto trains, morning tea prices have been revised to ₹15 (from ₹10), breakfast to ₹65 (from ₹40), lunch and dinner to ₹120 (from ₹75) and evening tea to ₹50 (from ₹20).
4) The 'snack meal' with regional flavour shall be made available at ₹50, inclusive of GST.
5) For mail and express trains, the price of tea and standard meals will range from ₹40 to ₹130.
6) The rate of Janta Meal has been kept unchanged at ₹20.