Passengers flying to and fro from Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport can now opt for having their baggage transported directly to the airport. After successful trial, Delhi airport on 14th February announced that it has started a doorstep baggage transfer facility for passengers. The doorstep baggage pick-up, drop services facility for passengers has been officially launched at Terminal 3 for both international and domestic flights. This service will also be extended to Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 of the airport, stated the Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) in a press release.
The service has been launched in collaboration with a Bengaluru-based firm, CarterX.
How to avail Delhi airport doorstep baggage pick-up, drop services
1) In order to avail the facility, a passenger can make a booking through CarterX website or app or counters at the airport for the baggage to be picked from their home.
2) "Each bag thus booked is then secured in a separate tamper-resistant sealable bags, which are marked and bar-coded for easy identification," the press release said
3) "On arrival at the airport, passengers can collect their baggage at the departure forecourt area and proceed for check-in," the press release explained.
4) If luggage has to be sent from the airport, passengers can book the service online or at the baggage pick-up and drop counter, located at Terminal 3.
5) The baggage can be delivered from the airport to locations in Delhi/NCR region, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
6) 'DIAL said the booking is at present available only through the website of CarterX or its mobile application, but it will soon also be available at Delhi airport’s website — www.newdelhiairport.in.
7) Passengers availing this facility will have to provide the date of service for pick-up or delivery, flight details, delivery location, it added.
8) After payment of service fee, the baggage would be brought to arrival/departure area.
9) The passenger can also track their baggage in transit on phone/tablet.
10) Charges for doorstep baggage pick-up, drop services will vary according to the number, size and weight of bags and by the distance from where the bags are picked up or dropped.