Vijayawada-Visakhapatnam double-decker Uday Express: Timings, schedule and other facilities
1 min read.Updated: 20 Aug 2019, 11:03 AM ISTStaff Writer
( with inputs from PTI )
The second Uday Express, that will run between Visakhapatnam to Vijayawada will have a seating capacity of 120 seats per coach
Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada double decker Uday Express will have stoppages at Duvvada, Anakapalle, Tuni, Samarlakota, Rajamahendravaram, and Eluru
With an aim to cater to the busy route between Visakhapatnam and Vijaywada route, a special double decker train will soon become operational. Railways'second double-decker Uday Express will run between Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada, news agency Press Trust of India reported. But the date of operation of the train has not been decided yet. The first Uday Express was a specially-designed air-conditioned chair car which started service between Coimbatore and Bangalore in June 2018. The trains are primarily allocated to routes with heavy passenger traffic.
Here are the features, timing, schedule and stoppages of Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada double-decker Uday Express
1) The train would consist of nine double-decker coaches and two power cars.
2) Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada Uday Express will have a seating capacity of 120 seats per coach. 50 passengers on upper deck, 48 on lower deck and 22 on the ends.
3) Three coaches will have dining facilities with a seating capacity of 104 passengers each; five coaches will be without dining area with seating capacity of 120 passengers.
4) The departure time of Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada Uday Express (22701) from Visakhapatnam is 05:45 am and it will reach Vijayawada at 11:15 am.
5) On its return journey, train number 22702 will leave Vijayawada at 5:30 pm and reach Visakhapatnam at 10:55 pm.
9) The train will take 5 hour 30 minutes to reach from Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada and from Vijayawada-Visakhapatnam, Uday Express will take 5 hour 25 minutes.
6) Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada double-decker Uday Express will have stoppages at Duvvada, Anakapalle, Tuni, Samarlakota, Rajamahendravaram, and Eluru.
8)Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada double-decker Uday Express will run five days a week— Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
All new Utkrisht Double Decker Air Conditioned Yatri (UDAY) Express will provide passengers with amenities like Wi-Fi, LCD Screens & a dedicated area to enjoy meals. These trains will ply on Coimbatore-Bengaluru, Bandra-Jamnagar, & Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada routes. pic.twitter.com/tYmCVSiObG