Yogi Adityanath to flag off India's first private train. Timings, features and other details here1 min read . Updated: 17 Sep 2019, 12:44 PM IST
- The Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express train will have two stopagges
- The Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will cover the journey between the two cities in 6 hours and 15 minutes
Lucknow: The Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express, which will be India’s first private train to be entirely run by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), will become operational on 4th October after it will be flagged off by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. “Tejas Express will be flagged off on October 4. But the time is yet to be finalised by the CM’s office," Hindustan Times quoted Ashwani Srivastava, chief regional manager, IRCTC, Lucknow as saying.
Key things to know about the Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express
1) The Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will cover the journey between the two cities in 6 hours and 15 minutes.
2) The Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express train will have one executive class air-conditioned chair car having 56 seats and nine air-conditioned chair cars having a capacity of 78 seats each.
3) The total carrying capacity of the Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be 758 passengers.
4) The Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express train will start its journey in the morning at 6.10 am and will reach New Delhi at 12.25 pm
5) The Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express train will have two stopagges— Kanpur Central and Ghaziabad.
6) In the return direction, the train will leave New Delhi at 4.30 pm and will reach Lucknow at 10.45 pm.
7) The Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express train will run 6 days a week except for Tuesday.
8) Tickets can be booked for the Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express train only through IRCTC’s website and IRCTC’s mobile app and not through ticket windows.
9) Those looking to get their berth reserved can do so 60 days in advance, whereas in regular trains the advance booking period is of 120 days.
10) The IRCTC has not announced the ticket prices yet but it will be 50% less than the flight tickets operating in Delhi-Lucknow route.
-With inputs from Agencies