Elon Musk says Twitter's new CEO has been hired. Who is Linda Yaccarino?
Linda Yaccarino, the head of advertising at NBC Universal, is rumoured to be a top candidate for the position.
Twitter CEO Elon Musk announced on social media that he has chosen a new CEO to lead the platform, which he acquired last year. Musk's announcement has caused speculation and excitement about who the new CEO might be.
“Excited to announce that I’ve hired a new CEO for X/Twitter. She will be starting in ~6 weeks! My role will transition to being exec chair & CTO, overseeing product, software & sysops", Musk had announced hours ago.
Here is everything you need to know about Linda Yaccarino, the rumoured top candidate for the position of Twitter's next CEO.
1. According to her LinkedIn profile, Linda Yaccarino is a long-time executive at NBC Universal, having worked there since 2011. She currently holds the position of Chairperson for Global Advertising and Partnerships.
2. Yaccarino previously served as head of the company's cable entertainment and digital advertising sales division. Prior to her tenure at NBC Universal, Yaccarino spent 19 years at Turner, where she held various executive roles.
3. Her last position at Turner was Executive Vice President and COO of Turner Entertainment Ad Sales. Yaccarino is an alumna of Penn State University. She has studied liberal arts and telecommunications.
4. According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, Yaccarino has been a proponent in the advertising industry for improving methods to measure advertising effectiveness.
5. As reported by Business Insider (which requires a subscription), Yaccarino has expressed her desire to become the CEO of Twitter to her friends in the past. She is known to be a supporter of Elon Musk and has advocated for giving him the time needed to turn the company around.
The Business Insider report also mentioned Ella Irwin as a potential candidate for the CEO position at Twitter. Irwin is currently in charge of the trust and safety division at Twitter and has reportedly built a positive relationship with Elon Musk following her promotion.
"Exciting news! Mint is now on WhatsApp Channels 🚀 Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest financial insights!" Click here!