NEW DELHI :
India on Thursday expressed disappointment at Pakistan dismissing a dossier it had handed over to Islamabad to aid investigation into the 14 February Pulwama attack as merely based on social media content.
Reacting to comments from Pakistan on Thursday that India had not given concrete evidence of the involvement of groups in Pakistan to the Pulwama attack, Indian foreign ministry spokesman Raveesh Kumar said: “Regrettably, Pakistan continues to be in denial and even refuses to acknowledge Pulwama as a terror attack. It has not shared details of credible action, if any, taken by it against terrorists or terrorist organizations based in territories under its control."
“India is disappointed at Pakistan’s response to our detailed dossier on the Jaish-e-Mohammed's (JeM) complicity in the cross-border terror attack in Pulwama, the presence of its terror camps and leadership in Pakistan," he said referring to the JeM that had claimed responsibility for the attack that stoked tensions between India and Pakistan. At least 40 Indian security personnel were killed when a suicide bomber rammed a car full of explosives into a bus they were travelling in, in Pulwama last month. India had handed over a dossier of evidence to Pakistan on the 27 February that Pakistan said listed 90 individuals suspected of belonging to banned organizations with militant links and 22 locations of alleged militant training camps.
“While 54 detained individuals are being investigated, no details linking them to Pulwama have been found so far," said the Pakistani foreign ministry, said according to a Reuters report.
“Similarly, the 22 pin locations shared by India have been examined. No such camps exist," the Pakistan foreign ministry said, adding that Islamabad was willing to allow visits to the locations of alleged training camps if there was any request, but it would need more documents and additional information from India to continue its investigation.
“We are hardly surprised, as this identical script was followed by Pakistan in the past, after the terror attacks in Mumbai in 2008 or in Pathankot in 2016," Kumar said referring to previous terror attacks that had taken place in India with origins in Pakistan.
“It is a well-known fact that the UN-designated terrorist organization Jaish-e-Mohammed and its leader Masood Azhar are based in Pakistan. This was again acknowledged recently to international media by Pakistan’s foreign minister. There's no dearth of sufficient actionable information and evidence in Pakistan itself to take action against them, if there is sincerity and intent to do so," Kumar said.
“Nevertheless, we are examining the paper handed over by Pakistan," he said.
“Pakistan should abide by the commitment it gave in 2004, and which its current leadership has recently repeated, vowing not to allow any territory under its control to be used for terrorism against India in any manner. Pakistan should take immediate, credible, irreversible and verifiable actions against terrorists and terror organizations operating from territories under its control," he added.