3 min read.Updated: 23 Dec 2019, 12:21 AM IST Edited By J. Jagannath
'People were incited, those in high positions shared fake videos,' said Modi on protests against citizenship law
'We built peripheral expressways, opened hundreds of CNG stations to curb pollution,' Modi said in Delhi where Assembly elections are due next year
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday accused the opposition parties of spreading lies about the Citizenship Amendment Act and the proposed National Register of Citizens and said that that CAA and NRC will not apply to the Muslims of the country.
Addressing a rally at Ramlila Maidan here over government's decision to provide ownership rights to over 40 lakh residents of unauthorized colonies in Delhi, Modi said that the rumours of detention centres being spread by "Congress and urban Naxals" were false. He said the new law was not applicable to citizens of the country.
Here are the top quotes from Modi's mega rally today:
- "I, BJP got chance to usher in a new dawn for over 40 lakh people by giving them ownership rights to their houses," said Modi in Delhi where Assembly elections are due early next year.
- PM Modi raised slogan of 'vividhta mein ekta, Bharat ki visheshta' (Unity in diversity is India's speciality).
- Modi attacked rivals for not doing enough for unauthorised colonies, says he decided he cannot let this go on.
- Modi targeted AAP govt, saying it gave over 2,000 bungalows in posh Delhi locations to 'VIPs' close to it in an illegal manner
- PM Modi accused AAP govt of politicising phase 4 of Delhi Metro by saying it is hindering the work on it. "Prior to the year 2014, the Delhi Metro network was expanding at an average of 14 km per year. They (Congress) were in power in Delhi and the Centre during that time. After our government came to power, the average expansion increased to 25 km per year," he said.