1 min read.Updated: 23 Aug 2020, 09:05 AM IST Edited By Surajit Dasgupta ( with inputs from ANI )
ICMR is creating the portal as a repository for all information related to vaccine development in India
In the first phase, the portal will provide all information related to COVID-19 vaccines in India and abroad
India will soon have a vaccine portal which will provide information related to the COVID-19 vaccine development in India and abroad. It is being developed by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the updates will be in several regional languages in addition to English. The portal is likely to be made public by the next week.
Here are 10 things to know about ICMR's vaccine portal:
7) "One of our COVID-19 vaccine candidates is in the third phase of the clinical trial. We are very confident that a vaccine will be developed by end of this year," Dr Harsh Vardhan said on Saturday.
8) The vaccine portal will also fetch the information related to COVID-19 vaccine from the World Health Organisation (WHO) as available on their website.
9) Meanwhile, Bharat Biotech has been allowed to conduct a separate trial for administrating ‘Covaxin’, its covid-19 vaccine candidate, through intradermal route, that is just under the skin, as against the intramuscular route in the current trial.
10) A top ICMR official told a parliamentary panel earlier this week that phase-two clinical trial of two indigenously developed COVID-19 vaccine candidates have almost been completed and emergency authorisation of a vaccine could be considered if the Centre decides so. (With Agency Inputs)
Subscribe to Mint Newsletters
* Enter a valid email
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint.
our App Now!!