For job search, Google launches Kormo app in India: 5 points1 min read . Updated: 20 Aug 2020, 12:28 PM IST
The application will help users to identify entry-level job opportunities and also to learn new skills and create CVs.
Tech giant Google on Wednesday said that it expanded its employment android application - Kormo Jobs - to India as it is looking forward for helping job seekers to apply for entry-level jobs. Google had introduced 'Jobs' last year in India as part of Google Pay to connect job seekers under the brand Jobs.
Google Kormo Jobs: Here are few things you should know
- Jobs was originally piloted in Bangladesh and subsequently launched in Indonesia, under the brand Kormo Jobs. It has since grown into a job platform that can help job seekers and businesses of all sizes in multiple markets.
- The application will help users to identify entry-level job opportunities and also to learn new skills and create CVs.
- Google had also made Kormo Jobs available in India under the brand Jobs as a Spot on its payment application - Google Pay.
- In India, employers like Zomato and Dunzo have found the Jobs matching algorithm effective in finding candidates with the required skills, experience and location preferences, with over 2 million verified jobs posted on the platform.
- Jobs Spot has connected millions of job seekers with opportunities in fast growing categories including on-demand businesses, retail and hospitality.