Apple's new streaming television service 'Apple TV Plus' is now available in India from Friday for ₹99 per month after a seven-day free trial period.
Apple on Friday launched its latest streaming television service 'Apple TV Plus' in India. The subscribers will have to pay ₹99 per month after a seven-day free trial period.
It is available on the Apple TVapp on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac and other platforms, including online at tv.apple.com.
The service is available in more than 100 countries around the world and the content is subtitled or dubbed in close to 40 languages according to a report.
TV shows that are available at launch include "See," "The Morning Show," "Dickinson," "For All Mankind," "Helpsters," "Snoopy in Space," "Ghostwriter," and Oprah Winfrey's Book Club. "The Elephant Queen," a documentary, is also available
How to subscribe and watch Apple TV+ for free
- Customers can sign up and watch programming through the Apple TV app or through a web browser
- The Apple TV app is available on the iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, the third-generation Apple TV device, iPod touch and Mac computers
- People who do not have an Apple device have a few options:
- Sign up and watch through the Apple TV app using a Roku device, select Samsung smart TVs or on Amazon Fire TV devices
- Use AirPlay2, Apple's WiFi streaming technology, to watch via certain Samsung, LG and VIZIO smart TVs
- Go through a web browser at tv.apple.com in Safari, Chrome and Firefox
- Apple has said the Apple TV app will expand to other smart TVs, streaming boxes and streaming sticks in the future.
- People who activate the year-long free trial will be charged $4.99 per month after the year ends. The subscription can be cancelled at any time in device settings.
*With Agency Inputs