Beijing: Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun on Friday said that the company currently has no plans to launch new phones in the Mi Max and Mi Note lineups this year.
Lei, on Chinese social media site Weibo, stated the company will rather be focusing its energies on the Redmi K20, Mi MIX-series, Mi 9 and the new CC-series of smartphones, the GSM Arena reported on late Friday. Although Xiaomi hasn't officially discontinued the two series, a refresh in the future also looks unlikely.
The new Redmi K20 series phones are with powerful big displays, available at an affordable price and can be regarded as successors to the Note series in a way. The smartphone series also comes with a pop-up camera, in-display fingerprint reader as standard.
With the Mi Max series smartphones, the company was focused on giving users a large screen experience with larger than 6-inch screen. The last Mi Max device, the Mi Max 3, was launched in 2018. It never made its way to the Indian market but sported a large 6.9-inch display, 5,500mAh battery and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor.
In addition, the company has posted many teasers about the upcoming CC series in association with Meitu mobiles. Xiaomi bought the Meitu brand in November last year. Xiaomi says the CC series phone will be trendy mobile phones aimed for youth around the world. Lei, at the official announcement of the series in China, explained that the name means "Colorful & Creative" and it is being developed by a 'Chic & Cool' team comprising art students. According to reports, the company is expected two smartphones launch under its upcoming CC series, dubbed as Mi CC9 and Mi CC9e.
With inputs from IANS.